
I love to laugh. There is nothing like it. There are things and times in life that are truly hilarious and it is a gift from the Lord to get to enjoy such funny times. One of those times was Saturday night at Brian Regan. Brian is an incredibly talented comedian who takes the day to day parts of our lives and shows us how funny they really are. I am pretty certain that we laughed uninterrupted for a bit over an hour.
Interestingly, Scripture has quite a bit to say about laughter. When Sarah gave birth to Isaac she said that God had brought her laughter and that everyone who hears about this will laugh with me. The Lord spoke through Job saying, "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Apparently, laughter and Biblical joy are connected and the Lord desires that we have both. Finally, the Psalmist reiterates this truth by saying, "Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." Again, laughter and Biblical joy inexorably linked.
I pray that God brings you laughter and that He also brings you those who will share in the fun. I am forever grateful to be a part of a family (and extended family) that loves to laugh and can do so in good taste. May the Lord find us with a cheerful heart and mouths full of praise......
No comments:
Post a Comment